How can we improve KTOMG?

Treat game progress status separately from active status

For example, there are games that I have "beaten", but don't consider "completed" yet. When I'm still actively playing those games to complete them, I want to be able to set the game's status to "active" and "beaten" at the same time.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Narushia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Narushia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the reply! I want Keep Track of My Games to be THE best game tracker out there. :) I've previously used Backloggery, but unfortunately the developer hasn't had much time for it, and the site is not optimized for mobiles (which is how I prefer updating my game progress). Backloggery had the "playing" status separate from the game progress status, which is why I suggested this idea.

Looking forward to see the feature in KTOMG, in one form or another!

• AdminKamran Ayub (Developer, Keep Track of My Games) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can understand this for sure. There is another planned idea to add progress (i.e. 90% complete). I think what might make sense is to consolidate Beaten/Completed into a single list and then you'd mark the game as beaten as a progress indicator but keep it in Active. Then when you're ready, move to Completed with a 100% progress.

I'll think about it some more. I have a few ideas that may make this whole workflow feel better, I think treating progression through a game NOT as a list will definitely be helpful but rather use the lists as a "state" of a game. Part of it I think is a UI issue, part of it is the transitioning between states, etc. and I'll play with some ideas.

Thanks for the suggestion! Keep it all coming, this is all a fluid process and depends on how people use the site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base