Skip to content

General

Tell us what you want to see in Keep Track of My Games or vote for your favorite ideas!

43 results found

1. Add a played status

There are games that with just playing for some time you have a somewhat complete experience, for example, i have not beaten minecraft but played enough to had it played and not necessarily come back to it, its not abandonned either, just played and enjoyed.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, and this will be part of a larger status rewrite in a future update.

Right now "Beaten", "Abandoned", "Completed", and "Mastered" are all considered a Played game, but I also know these are confusing to people so I'll be simplifying it with a single Played status with different completion states, tied into the new Playthrough & Progress Tracking features.

For now, adding it to Beaten will achieve the same goal, but I understand it'll feel a little off.

2. Reviews + Extension of Notes/Description

• Make Note/Description a little longer I usually leave decently sized reviews and had to cut many down to fit
    • Make Note/Description editable on the game page screen (where you can add the game to your my games, change status, platforms, tags and list)

Im currently using Tags + Note/Description as a way to "review" games (by having lists dedicated for X stars and same with tags) but would be good if there was first class support for doing it (albeit optional as I'm sure not everyone would want it)

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great feedback, ratings & reviews are definitely on the roadmap. I will keep this separate from Ratings since it's a similar but different capability. Right now Notes are meant to be small and not designed for review or long-form text. 100% agree with your feedback, and will be designing a first-class review experience soon!

3. Enable custom fields for user-specified metadata

As a user, I would like to be able to create my own custom numeric fields for games, which would be available for sorting and filtering of my backlog. I would populate the values for these fields myself, similar to setting which platform I have a particular game on.

For instance, I could create the field "playtime," and then manually populate this with the average playtime from HLTB when I add a game to my queue. I could create an additional field called "rating" and manually populate this from whichever rating service I trust the most.

Then, when browsing my…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this as an official idea -- this is on the roadmap!

Note that some things you mentioned, specifically play time and rating, will be integrated features so you shouldn't need custom fields. But other fields you might want to track will be supported.

As a workaround, tags are super flexible and can be used in a similar way. For example, you can create tags with emojis for ratings and filter/create lists based on them. 

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    • ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    • ⭐⭐⭐
    • ⭐⭐
    • etc.

However, tags don't support dynamic values or feed into stats which custom fields would be ideal for.

4. Epic

Epic games import please!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Auto-sync/update game played/playing/active/stalled/etc status via steam

Not sure how detailed the Steam API is, but automatically changing a game's status to Active/Playing if the game has more than like 1min playtime and the "last played" date is within a recent time period (3-6 months?). Also maybe change to Paused/Stalled if it has playtime but hasn't been played in like 6 months or longer.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Quick update game status by clicking on the status icon in your game list

Like how you can click "add note" under an owned game to quickly add a note, let us click the Status icon to show a dropdown where we can quickly change the status.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an "ignored" status

This would be a special category; any games marked as ignored will no longer show in the All Games section, and you would have to go to the ignored section to see them. For me, this would include games I got in a bundle that I have zero intention of playing, free games that I tried and didn't like (but still show up in my Steam list and would therefore sync to KTOMG), and software from Steam that shows up. I realize a lot of people wouldn't need this, but for those of us who like to micro-manage our things,…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to remove tags from personal usage list

Dunno how to better phrase it. I have tags that I've used for my stuff, and I'd like to get rid of them as they're just taking up space now that I've cleaned up my lists a bit, but as far as I can tell there's no way to do so.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve search function

Searching only seems to return exact matches e.g. if I search for "metal gear solid" I am only shown the original game of that title and not the sequels.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to customise the lists as well as friends list

So far I really like KTOMG! I would love if the list that were premade I could delete some of them or remove them. Like the Mastered list is something I will never use and the ability to hide it or delete it would be nice.
    Also I'd like if we could add friends or follow friends so you guys can see each others lists and stuff.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is great feedback. I think some of this is due to progress/status tracking is tied directly to lists right now and I plan to change that. There will end up being less lists when I do that so it’s possible this won’t be as big of an issue.

Friends/followers are definitely planned.

11. Add a setting to make the whole profile private

Lists can already be hidden, but there should also be an option to completely hide your profile from the public.

Currently anyone can see your:
    • profile picture
    • username
    • amount of games
    • amount of wishlisted games
    • amount of favorited games
    • progress (breakdown of you game statuses)
    • game activity
    • ownership (breakdown of your platforms)
    • genres (breakdown of your game genres)
    • top developers
    • top platforms

For more privacy, there should ideally be a public/private toggle for every one of these details. A shortcut to make everything private would also be appreciated. Making…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a status option for ongoing games, even something simple just like 'owned' or 'ongoing'

Add a status option for ongoing games, even something simple just like 'owned' or 'ongoing'

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Top played games

Catalog total played time across all synced games and rank them based on hours invested. However, filter out games that are known to be 'idle' games.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Achievement logging

I think that there should be a way we can enter and log the amount of achievements we have earned from games. I like to keep track of achievements and it would be nice to be able to note down this on the website.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll do you one better, the planned functionality is to automatically sync achievements across Steam, Microsoft, and Sony systems using their services. I haven’t looked but it may be possible to take in achievements from GiantBomb too, which would provide an “official” way to add achievements to games that don’t expose any.

16. Add platform to "releasing soon"

There are a few games that are time exclusive. If I know that a game I want will be released later on PC, I want to know that the date showed in the page is only for PS4, for example.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to differentiate between digital and physical copies

For PS3 games, I can choose "PS3" or "PlayStation Network (PS3)", but Giant Bomb has decided to not differentiate between physical and digital going forward, including no "PlayStation Network (PS4)" option [1]. I want to share with my friends and family what games I have, and knowing whether I have a physical copy they can borrow (friends) or it's a digital game that we would have to download (kids) would be helpful.

[1]: https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/editing-tools-820/playstation-network-ps4-option-missing-1498724/ which references https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/editing-tools-820/new-platform-new-nintendo-3ds-n3ds-1493788/?page=1#js-message-7541296

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Feeling lucky, Rolutte, Fortune Cookie, Wheel of fortune etc...

Some random picker for titles you not yet beaten, abandoned, completed or mastered would be a really great addition.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Group franchises

There should be an option to group franchises together on your games list (and maybe in search too) with a "click to expand button" to see all games in that franchise that you added to your games. Makes your lists more concise until you need more details.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. App

Make an app for this website. Could be very beneficial, especially when it comes to push notifications and things like that. Just a thought.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The site has been designed to work on mobile devices—try opening the site on your phone, for example. You can even pin the site to your home screen! However, we know that many people expect to find an app on the store and we plan to release apps for iOS, Android, and Windows 10. We’re also planning to release a desktop version of KTOMG but all this requires some extra work to make offline browsing possible. Thanks for the suggestion!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base