Some Indiscriminate Idea-Pitching
Things that would be awesome:
(1) Different buckets in my library. I'd love to be able to distinguish between games I own and games I want to own. Or games I've finished versus games I'm playing.
(2) A list of "related games." (People who've wished for/played/finished this game also enjoyed...) I know that's a ton of coding, but it'd be sweet.
(3) A social component. EVERYTHING is social these days and that's frankly getting obnoxious, but KToMG is a natural fit for a social model where you can see what all your friends are playing. It's like Steam, but for all games ever. Awesome.
(4) Okay, this is actually a question, but where is all this information coming from? Do you subscribe to a database of games? Do you use cURL to scrape release date data straight from wiki pages? (That would be insane, but this is why I'm asking.)
(5) Oh, and one more for the "distant future ideas" list -- I'd love for KToMG to be able to just scan my hard drive quick and add all my PC games automatically. But that'd be difficult or impossible on consoles.
Like this site quite a bit, although now I've managed not to learn a darn thing about NuGet.
I will close this as most of this is implemented. For ones that aren’t, there are separate ideas to vote on.
Yes, when I get to that (which should be soon, the next version should be released in a couple weeks or so).
Will issue #12 (Multiple OpenIDs) allow me to link my Steam account to the account I already have on KTOMG? I love Steam and the power it provides, but am not eager to redo my whole list on a new account. Thanks!
To me? No and Yes, respectively.
Was it clear on the old and new roadmap that you can click the issues and see the description?
I'm a newbie. I'll Connect with you, though!
The rest: awesome. I read the roadmap, but wasn't sure quite what you intended with some of them, so I pitched these. I'm glad they overlapped with what you already had in mind. I think all of us probably have some games (especially OLD games) that aren't on Steam, but Steam would cover 90% of our libraries.
As for the API... I'm feeling pretty dumb right now. I SAW the link at the bottom of the page, clicked it, and never got around to reading that nice gray text that says "Powered by the API at..." Cripes.
Love the updated Roadmap, too! Much clearer what's going on now.
Hey! You'll have to email me to tell me who you are, since I don't recognize you ;)
1) Yup, already planned.
2) Good idea! A recommendation algorithm!
3) Yup, that's already there behind-the-scenes, just not implemented.
4) On the bottom it says powered by http://giantbomb.com/ and it's a JSON REST API. I will be adding a blurb about it on the About page
5) I am looking at Steam integration in the future and/or Xfire. This would mostly solve that problem unless you really hated digital services or had some that aren't on Steam. Maybe a ClickOnce app would be OK for PC users?
Visit my Roadmap page for what I am/will be working on. I have to fix it so it goes against GitHub instead of BitBucket but you can get a taste if you view it currently.